Thursday, October 29, 2009

26, 27, and 28 weeks...

Where do I begin... Week 26 was a pretty good week until I woke up Sunday with congestion, running nose, and an ear ache. Let me back up to the beginning of the week though...Tuesday night, I visited my cousin Jenny and her baby boy Ethan. I had a really good time visiting with Jenny, her husband Josh, and baby Ethan. Jenny gave me some baby advise should breast feeding not work out and I have to use formula. We just enjoyed talking and catching up with each another. Ethan was a sweet boy the whole time. I hated to leave but since it's getting darker earlier these days I had to get home before it was too dark. Keith came home early Thursday and we had a good night relaxing together. I love to watch Vampire Diaries on Thursday nights and Keith always trys to turn the channel because I'm so jumpy during the show and it gives me nightmares but I love to watch it. Friday night Keith and I had a date night and I was a real cheap date because we went to Subway for dinner and then we went to Lowes and picked up some paint for the baby's nursery. While we were there we ended up buying a white ceiling fan for the nursery as well. Saturday, I worked the Promenade Fall Festival from 10:30am until 3:00pm for work and it was really cold and wet. I ended up getting my shoes and socks soaking wet and had to throw them away. Luckily my parents, and my sister and her family came to the Festival and I had my gym bag in my car with some tennis shoes and warm socks. Thank goodness but unfortunately I still woke up Sunday morning feeling horrible and with an ear ache. I ended up keeping my cold for a whole week which is why I haven't written on here in so long. Since I'm pregnant I can only take certain medicines and I was luckily able to take sudafed which helped a lot although didn't dry me up until a whole week went by. Week 27 was work on nursery and clean baby closet week. I was able to clean the room and and closet so Keith could paint the room this past weekend. He painted all four walls blue and the ceiling white. Keith also hung up the ceiling fan which was a lot of work. He also placed about 10 containers of my clothes, high school, and college stuff up in the attic that I packed away earlier in the week. He worked really hard on the babies room. This weekend we'll be painting one of the blue walls with white stripes, putting the crib together, and moving the changing table/dresser up stairs. It's finally all coming together and I can't wait to place baby Tucker down in his crib and give him sweet kisses good night.

Today, I'm 28 weeks pregnant and starting the 1st week of my third trimester. I am so excited!!! The baby weighs a little more than 2lbs now and is about 14.8 inches long. I can't believe it. He is really strong these days and I can feel him really well now. I can even see him moving around in my belly which is completely unreal but amazing. If I wear a plain colored shirt you can see him kicking or moving around in my belly. I just look down and stare at my belly and watch him while he's moving around - Pretty cool. I have my next Dr. Appt. Tuesday this coming week and I'll be tested for my glucose test and I will be given my RhoGAM shot. I hope all goes well and please pray that I will not have diabetes. :)


Today's mood - completely tired

No comments:

Post a Comment