Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Home for the Holidays

I took some time off from work over the Holidays to celebrate Christmas and the New Year with my family.  I had such a wonferful time while I was home with Tucker and my husband Keith.  Keith didn't take any time off from work this year (except for the holidays given to him from his company) because his company is really busy but I did enjoy my time off with Tucker.  I really didn't do anything during my vacation (besides all the family gatherings :) ) from work except spend time with Tucker and my family. I was only away from Tucker for one afternoon and my mom and I decided to take advantage of some after Christmas shopping together.  We had a wonderful afternoon together and we were able to find some great after Christmas sales at Peppermint Forest, Hallmark, and Hobby Lobby.  Peppermint Forest is my favorite holiday shop for decorations and I love love love their silver and blue decorations!  Keith graduation from UNC Chapel Hill in 2002 and I grew up loving Carolina and I always followed UNC sports so we both love our Carolina Christmas Tree of blue, white, and silver (with a few touches of red).  Keith was heartbroken this year when he wasn't able to go to the Carolina vs. Tennessee Bowl game in Nashville, TN (which was an awesome game especially the last minute and overtime with a Carolina Win).  Keith was however able to attend the Meineke Car Care Bowl with his friends.  I guess since the bowl has been in Charlotte He and I have always attended with his friends from High School except  I wasn't able to attend last year because I was pregnant and this year Tucker is still so young.  I told Keith to go ahead and enjoy being with his friends.  I think it's good for Keith and I to share time with our friends especially since we've grown up with most of them it's great to keep in touch and hold those relationships close. 
While I was on vacation believe it or not I actually enjoyed cleaning the house, doing the laundry, and cooking on the nights that were needed.  I had the hardest time returning to work this week and leaving Tucker with my sister.  I cried to a few girls that I work with but it was good to get it off my chest.  Tucker cried after me and actually clung to me one day.  Can you say, "heartbreak".  I hated to leave him but I have to return to work but I know it's what's best right now.  On a happy note I placed some pictures of Tucker playing below while I was home.  He really enjoys playing with all his new toys from Santa and of course from Mommy and Daddy.

Tucker loves playing in the play room (formerly the man cave).
 Nana and Poppy bought Tucker this John Deere and he loves to push it around upstairs.


 My sister, Melissa, gave Tucker this play mat and he loves it!
 Tucker loves rolling these balls on the floor and crawling after them.
Playing downstairs before we left for New Years Day lunch with my family.
 

 Smiling big for Nana and Poppy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment