Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mickey Mouse

Tucker is completely in love with Mickey Mouse.  He loves watching the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney and he is fascinated with all the characters but he especially loves Mickey Mouse.  My parents and sister's family went to Disney in Orlando, FL this past Summer and Nana or Nannie (my mom) bought Tucker a large Mickey Mouse stuffed animal.  Tucker loves that Mickey Mouse so much and he's always hugging him and carrying him around the house. Christmas is just around the corner and I've been eyeing the Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey in the stores (they have one in a display case) for awhile but there is never any available to purchase. The Dance Star Mickey is a HOT Christmas item for kids this year so they've been sold out since November.  Thursday morning I decided to call ToysRUs and just see if they had any available before I drove all the way over to the store on my lunch hour.  I called and spoke to a sales woman and she said they had one Dance Star Mickey left.  I was so excited I literally screamed over the phone and I asked her if she could hold it for me.  She said that she is not supposed to hold anything for customers but since I was so excited about the toy for Tucker she decided to hold it in customer service where she'd be working for the next hour.  I told her I could be there within 30 minutes and I'd see her soon.  I didn't have her name but knew she was at customer service.  I drove to ToysRUs in Pineville, NC and waited in the customer service line (there were two long lines running parallel) and eyed the Dance Star Mickey toy the whole time.  Finally, I made it to the front of the line and told the sales woman that I was there to pick up the Dance Star Mickey.  She said sure and handed the toy over to me.  I smiled so BIG and I was so happy to have Mickey for Tucker!  I don't think I've been that excited about a toy since I was a little girl.  All the shoppers were starring at me and I thought I was going to need security for a minute because some people can get a little crazy this time of year over toys for their kids.  Dance Star Mickey is home now and my parents are going to give Tucker the Mickey toy for Christmas!  

...Here's a picture of the Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey...

I can't wait to see Tucker's face when he opens his toy and can play with Mickey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment