Saturday, September 12, 2009

21 weeks

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and almost 6 months along and it's been a busy week...

Tuesday, September 8th I went to my 20 week Dr. Appt. and he said that everything looks great. My blood pressure was 124 over 71 and the baby had a good heartbeat as well. He asked Keith and I to tour the hospital where I plan to deliver and sign up for some pregnancy classes together. He also asked me to call a pediatrician and meet the doctor's. He recommended his pediatrician for me. The doctor and I live pretty close so he recommended the pediatrician that his children see. He told me that it's a smaller practice but the doctor's are more personable with the children which sounded nice. My next doctor's appointment is scheduled for Monday, October 5th and I can't wait to hear my little man's heart beat again - those are the moments that I treasure.

Wednesday, September 9th was the first time that a stranger noticed I was pregnant and asked me what I was having. I was at Chick-fil-A ordering a chicken salad sandwich and some fruit and he said, "What are you having?" and I told him my order again and he said, "No, what are you having?" and I said, "Oh...I'm having a boy". It took me off guard because a stranger hasn't said anything to me yet. I guess I'm really starting to show these days. On the way back to work I rode up the elevator with a man and I complimented him on his flowers that he bought for either his wife or girlfriend and he asked me how far along I was and I told him 5 months and he told me that I looked great and then he said you really do look good. That made me feel really good and I really needed a compliment that day. ;)

Thursday, September 10th Keith came back in town and we were watching tv upstairs. I was in the bedroom laying in the bed watching a show and Keith was in the bonus room watching football. Our baby boy started kicking his little heart away and was very active so I called Keith into the room to feel him. Unfortunately, he missed it the first time but I asked him to stay with me and I know that when I roll over or re-adjust myself that Tucker will start moving again. Sure enough he started kicking again and Keith felt his baby boy for the first time. Keith loved it. He smiled from ear to ear. Keith calls him baby Ray. The men at Keith's work call Keith -Keith Ray so he's always rubbing my belly and saying, "Hey baby Ray".

Today, Saturday, September 12th I woke up early and went to a little consignment store in Waxhaw called Sweet Repeats. The store has a lot of really great things for babies and children. I saw a Snap and Go stroller that I've been looking for and unfortunately it wasn't a universal one so I was able to place my name on a list for them to call me when a Universal Snap and Go arrived. I did a little shopping while there and I bought about 7 outfits which only cost $20.00. I know I need to stop buying baby clothes but it's so addictive. Keith said the baby is going to have more clothes than him before he's even born. haha. I'll take that as a hint to stop shopping for baby boy clothes. Unfortunately, after I was shopping at Sweet Repeats my Father-in-law was taken by ambulance to Presbyterian Hospital in Matthews. Keith, his family, and I have been at the hospital all day waiting on tests results for my Father-in-law. They didn't find anything concerning but they're going to keep him overnight and continue some more tests tomorrow. He has a heart murmur and they are trying to determine if he may have a blood clot or what is causing the heart murmur. Please keep my Father-in-law in your thoughts and prayers.

Today's Mood - Exhausted

No comments:

Post a Comment