Sunday, September 27, 2009

23 weeks

I'm 23 weeks pregnant now and my belly is really growing these days. I'm carrying baby Tucker pretty high which I guess is common with a first pregnancy and while carrying a baby boy. I'm really getting sore in my lower back and my pelvic bone has been pretty sensitive as well. I'm still smiling and getting through some of these new pains because I know it'll all be worth it when Tucker arrives. My sister Melissa gave me all Jacob's (my nephew) clothes when he was a baby earlier this week. Keith and I have been washing and organizing all the clothes this weekend which has been a lot of fun. I'm truely blessed to have such an amazing sister. Melissa is you're reading this - Thank you for everything. You really mean a lot to me and I appreciate all your help, love, and support.

Unfortunately, Keith's Grandpa "William Joseph Grant" (Mother's father) passed away Thursday morning. He was 89 years old and he lived a long, good, healthy life. We celebrated his 89th Birthday this summer so Keith and I have a happy memory to remember him by. I'll never forget Grandpa Grant clapping his hands as the family sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He was so excited to have everyone together and you could feel the energy in the room. It was a great day!!! I'm glad that we have that memory to cherish of him now that he's gone. I am a little sad that baby Tucker will never have the chance to meet his Great Grandpa here on earth but I'm praying that one day Tucker will meet his Great Grandparents in Heaven. Grandpa Grant was the last living Grandparent that Keith had. I have two Grandparents both my Grandpa's that are still living and doing well. Unfortunately, both Grandma's have passed away but I look forward to seeing them again soon one day in Heaven.

On a happier note...Here are a few signs that you know your pregnant.

You know you're pregnant when:
1. You notice people staring at your belly before they look at your face.
2. You look down after you eat something and notice food or crumbs on your belly.
3. You never have to lift a finger because someone is always offering to help. This is really nice.
4. You find your husband doing all the chores around the house. I love this.
5. You get out of breath while walking around the house talking on the phone.
6. You forget what you're going to do before you even turn the corner or stand up.
7. Your husband will go get you anything you ask for because you're having his baby (not always true but 95% of the time true).
8. Your bras are busting at the seams but you don't want to spend more money on another bra...especially since you're still growing.
9. You notice people always smiling at you and your growing belly.
10. People are always wanting to touch your belly. I thought I wasn't going to like this but I honestly don't mind at all.

I'm sure over the next 3 months I'll think of more items to add to this list but this will do for now.

Today's mood - content

No comments:

Post a Comment