Thursday, July 23, 2009

14 weeks

I'm officially 14 weeks pregnant today and starting my 2nd trimester. So many things have changed over the past 14 weeks. Here are a few things that have changed for me over the past 14 weeks:
  • My sense of smell has changed so much. It's incredible how much your sense of smell changes when you're pregnant. I can smell everything around me now even things I wouldn't think would have a smell.
  • My skin is amazingly soft. It was very soft before but now it's really soft. I've had a few red bumps to pop up here and there but my Doctor advised me that they are sweat bumps.
  • My finger nails are strong and very shiny. I've stopped nervously biting my thumbs and Keith is so happy about this. I have a bad tendency to bite my thumbs really for no reason except that I've done this since I was a little girl. It's a bad habit and I hope it doesn't come back.
  • My hair is growing faster and thicker and it's very healthy and shiny. I've already had about 2 inches cut from my hair but you can't even tell. My hair is also becoming very wavy. I generally take my showers at night and when I wake up in the mornings I have wavy hair. I have to straighten it about every morning and before my hair was pretty straight.
  • I feel like my body is growing everywhere. Mainly my tummy, chest, and feet. I'm happy about the tummy and chest growing but I'm not happy about my feet growing. That means I have to buy more shoes which would be a good thing if I didn't have to buy a bigger size.
  • I've noticed that my eyes get very irritated or sore if I don't take my contacts out earlier in the evening and let me eyes rest. I've started wearing my glasses earlier in the evenings than before when I'd only wear them before I went to bed.
  • I get winded a lot easier these days. Walking up a flight of stairs, exercising, filing at work, and just running errands can cause me to become out of breath or winded. It's unreal.
  • I'm still wearing my regular work pants, some of my jeans, and some regular work shirts. I'm looking forward to wearing my maternity clothes soon.
  • My dreams have become so real and they last a long time. I've been dreaming about the craziest things. I dreamed I was bit by two snakes while riding my bike down a mountain - I've dreamed about this twice, my baby was stolen from the hospital, Keith cheating on me, and me cheating on Keith, nightmares about work, Keith being out of town when I have the baby (I have this one a lot and it really upsets me), all my dreams have been very vivid like I was really there? I'm almost scared to go to bed at night because I'm worried about what I may dream about next. I'm always happy when I have a dreamless night of sleep.

Those are the basic changes that I've experienced thus far. At 14 weeks my baby is about the size of an apple and weighs about an ounce. Isn't that amazing. I have a little apple in my belly. I've also notice that my belly button isn't as deep as it used to be. I think it may pop later on in the pregnancy. I only hope that the 2nd trimester will go by just as fast as my 1st trimester.

Today's Mood - Excited about reaching 14 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. First of all congratulation for your pregnancy hun! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really liked it! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. I know you are in a early pregnancy stage but I am curious, have you picked a name for baby yet? I remember I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ It a big responsibility choose the name... Finger and toes crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I'm glad that you've enjoyed reading my blog as well. I'm looking at names for baby boys now but I know my name if it's a girl. I plan to blog about the names when I find out the sex so stay tunned. I'll check out bounty.com as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete