Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Whirl Wind Days

Since last Friday I've been caught up in a whirl wind that is finally winding down. I had an extremly busy weekend celebrating Keith's Birthday, my Aunt Linda's Birthday, and Keith's Papaw's Birthday.

Friday night we celebrated Keith's 29th Birthday and my Aunt Linda's Birthday with my family at home. My Papaw came to dinner with his wife Francis, all my immediate family, and my Aunt Linda enjoyed dinner together. We enjoyed Salmon, Chicken, Corn, Green Beans, Bread, Salad, and Potato Casserole for dinner. Then we sang Happy Birthday to both Linda and Keith and let them take turns blowing out their birthday cake. After dinner we hung out and talked awhile and played with Jacob and Maleea. Maleea (my niece - she is 15 months old) is walking very well now and she is almost running. We looked at my old baby pictures and tried to decide who the baby will resemble most? Keith or I? If it's a girl I hope she will resemble me and if it's a boy I hope he will resemble Keith. :)

Saturday, Keith and I woke up early and drove with his parents to celebrate his Papaw's 89th Birthday. We drove to Rutherfordton, NC (past Shelby about 30 min.) and met the rest of the Grant Family (Keith's mother's side). I think Papaw Grant had a wonderful birthday and really enjoyed being with his family. He loved when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him and he clapped the entire song. So sweet. We left and made our way home around 3pm and on the way home I unfortunately got sick. We were driving with Keith's parents and his nephew Jonathon. I looked over at Keith and touched his arm and said you're going to have to pull over. Well, luckily there was a McDonald's (which was still gross) and I made it to the bathroom and thankfully didn't throw up. I hate the feeling of being nauseous. I came back to the car once I felt well enough and slept the rest of the way home. Ugh. It was horrible. I took a nap when we got home and just relaxed the rest of the evening.

Sunday, Keith and I woke up early and I brought down Keith's Birthday present. Since we have a baby on the way we're not going all out so I bought him a nice pair of Nike running shoes and I'm going to buy him a new shower head as well. I would like him to come with me to pick it out so we'll probably go buy a new shower head this weekend. We watched Le Tour de France as we've been doing together since it's been on and just laid on the couch together and relaxed. The last day of Campmeeting was Sunday (Big Sunday) at 11am so we went to church at the campground in Wesley Chapel. We sat with family and saw a lot of Keith's old high school friends. We hung out and caught up with everyone for a little while and went to the Wingard's for lunch and to celebrate Keith's 29th Birthday with his family. We had a great afternoon celebrating but I was exhausted!!! This was a whirl wind weekend and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep.

Monday through Wednesday at work have been very busy as well. To much to type about here so I think I'll stop before I write a book. I only hope that things will settle down after today.

Looking forward to celebrating my friend and co-worker Melissa's baby shower tonight and another baby shower for her this weekend! I made a strawberry cheesecake tonight for Melissa and I. We both love those strawberries! Yum.

Can you believe I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow? 1 more week and I'll be 4 months pregnant!

Today's Mood - Tired

No comments:

Post a Comment