Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby News

We're having a baby!!! Keith and I are so excited! I found out I was pregnant on Tuesday, May 12th. I had a motherly intuition that I was pregnant the Saturday before Mother's Day but Keith and I decided to wait and take a pregnancy test. I wish I would've taken it earlier though so I could've celebrated Mother's Day. I took my first pregnancy test Tuesday morning (May 12th) and it was positive and I took another test Wednesday morning and it was positive as well. I was so happy that I told Keith, my Mom and Dad, and my sister and brother on Tuesday after the first one. I made a doctor's appointment for the following week and after it was confirmed that I was pregnant I told Keith's family, my Grandpa's, my Aunt's, and cousins Jenny an Chelsea. I went and bought a cake for Mr. and Mrs. Wingard and the cake said "Congrats MaMaw and PaPaw". Everyone is very excited about the baby news.

It's hard to believe that I'm almost 3 months pregnant now (2 days shy of 12 weeks). The first 3 months have almost flown by!!! I've mainly craved anything with strawberries which would mainly be strawberry jam, strawberry toaster strudels, fresh strawberries, strawberry yogurt, and strawberry smoothies. My least favorite thing has been chicken which is so odd to me because I used to eat grilled chicken just about every day. I can hardly even smell chicken now because it makes me sick. Another draw back has been being very tired. I sleep a lot these days. I take naps every weekend for about 2-3 hours on Saturdays and Sundays and on the weekdays I am generally in bed by 9-9:30 when I used to go to bed around midnight or 1am which is a big change. Over the past 3 months there hasn't been a lot of nausea which has been very good and I'm glad that I haven't throw up once....I came close but it didn't happen.

Now, I'm looking forward to my 12 week doctor's appointment which is this coming Thursday and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. Keith and I saw the heart beat together back on June 4th but it's been awhile and I can't wait to see and hear my little baby again.

Please keep Keith and I and our little baby in your prayers over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment