Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby Crib

Yes, I'm crazy and I already bought a baby crib. I couldn't pass it up when I saw it on craigslist. It's an $800 crib and I bought it off craigslist for $150. It's a Young American Starlight White Sleigh Crib. I basically fell in love and I had to have it.

I ate dinner with my Dad, Mom, and brother Wednesday night and after dinner David drove his truck and I drove my car with Dad to go meet the couple I was buying the crib from. They were running a little late so we relaxed in the sun for about 20 minutes and let the time pass. When they arrived the guy looked at the girl and asked her if she grabbed the instructions and the tools to place the bed together and unfortunately she didn't. Ugh. I didn't know what to do. I looked at my dad for some advise and finally I decided that they looked safe and I would follow them home and get the instructions and tools to place the crib together. I gave my home key to my Dad and they drove on over to my house with the crib.

I drove 30 minutes into the country...deep country...I mean I was surrounded by corn fields and it was beautiful. I was thinking this might not have been a good idea as we kept making turns and there is no way with my pregnancy brain that I was going to remember all these turns. We finally made it to their house and she ran in and grabbed the instructions and tools. I paid them and headed home. I was lucky that I remembered the way...I even suprised myself...and made it home around 8pm. Dad and David had already left my house and left the key hidden for me to get back into the house.

It was a crazy adventure and a long night but at the end of the day I have a beautiful crib and I can't wait to put it together and start decorating the baby's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment