Thursday, July 9, 2009

3rd Doctor's Appointment

I had my third doctor's appointment this morning. I was so excited that I could hardly sleep last night and it also didn't help that I had to get up twice to use the bathroom. I'll be glad when that stops for a little while.

The doctor's appointment went very well. He told me that my blood, pap smear, and everything else looked great. I have an A- blood type which is the same as my Dad. I believe an A- is a rare blood type so at least I know my Dad and I share the same. I also found out that Kim (my sister-in-law) is also an A-. Small world.

After the doctor and I talked for a little while it was time to hear the heart beat. This was so amazing and a surreal experience. The doctor said it may take a while to find the heartbeat since the baby is still so small and right when he said that you could hear my little baby's heart beat just beating away. He said that was faster than he thought and said that my baby wanted to be heard. I was thinking that's probably about right. The baby had a very strong and good heart beat. I was very emotional after the appointment and I couldn't stop smiling. What an amazing feeling.

I called my sister and cried with her as I told her the good news about hearing the heart beat. I called Keith and was emotional with him as well...for the record I did call him first but no answer the first time. haha. I called my Mom and Dad and discussed the appointment with them and it was just a really great morning.

Finally I could tell my co-workers which has been very difficult to keep a secret. When I got into work this morning I went straight to the receptionist JJ or "Aunt JJ" and shared my good news with her. She and I were both crying. The news spread around the office the rest of the day. I still can't believe I'm 12 weeks pregnant. It's an amazing feeling to know that you're going to be a mommy. I just can't wait. I'm glad that I can share my good news with everyone now and I'm looking forward to this wonderful pregnancy journey over the next 6-7 months.

Today's Mood = Estatic and Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment